Abstract Submission Deadline
Abstract submission deadline has been extended till 30th December 2017. Abstract submitted by 30th December 2017 will be sent to the Scientific Committee for review. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered. Abstracts should be submitted only via the online submission link.
Abstracts Submitted via Fax or E-mail will not be accepted
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract. You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been forwarded for review, indicating the abstract number allotted to it. Refer to the abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step.
Rules for Submission
- The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster or oral presentation. Presenting author of abstract must be a registered participant. Only abstracts of authors, who have paid their registration fees by 20th January 2017 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the IIHC Final Programme.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- The presenting author should him/herself collect the co-authors’ consent.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting/conference/seminar prior to IIHC 2018.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
Before submitting the abstract, the abstract submitter will be required to confirm the following Author’s agreement
By submitting the abstract, the author confirms and agrees to the following:
- All authors approve submitting this work for presentation
- The authors have done the work reported in the abstract and take full responsibility for the contents
- Permit the publication of abstract in literature of IIHC 2018
- The authors agree to confine their presentation to information in the abstract
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program
- The corresponding author will immediately notify the IIHC 2018 scientific committee if they are unable to make a presentation or if the presenting author must be changed
- All presenters will be responsible for their hotel and travel expenses.
I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting Author’s Contact Details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone numbers
- Author and Co-authors’ Details including Affiliation details: department, institution/hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
We recommend submitting your abstract online through this website, in MS Word format i.e. .doc or .docx.
Abstract's body should clearly state the following:
- Background & Objectives
- Materials & Methods including study design, place & duration of study
- Key words 3-5. (MeSH Terms)
Word limit of Abstract's body is 300 words.
The abstract should also include study limitations, conflict of interest. Please note that study limitations and conflict of interest are not included in 300-word limit.
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- Oral Presentations will be presented during the scientific session scheduled 0900 – 1100hrs, Sunday, 4 February 2018.
- The presenters should submit the Final Power Point Presentation to the IT hub 1 hour before the start of session i.e. at 0800hrs, on the day of presentation.
- The presenter should also keep a copy of their presentation in power point format on a flash drive. The moderator may need the power point presentation as a backup.
- It is recommended that in addition to above he/she email the power point presentation up till 29th Jan 2018, three days before the conference to foresee any unavoidable circumstances.
- The presenters are requested to reach their respective Presentation venue 20-30 minutes before the start of session, for a briefing from the Moderator.
- The Moderator will coordinate the session. In case of any logistic support at the venue, please contact the moderator.
- No personal laptops are allowed to be used for the presentation at the session venue.
- Each presenter is allocated 10 minutes for presentation. The first bell will be rung at 8 minutes and final bell on completion of 10 minutes. The presenters are requested to keep their presentation within the time limits.
- Presenter should stay at their respective Presentation venue for the entire duration. The questions answer / discussion will be conducted at the end of session.
For Any queries please contact:
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- Prepare a portrait poster of maximum size 5 feet (60 inches) height and 3 feet (36 inches) wide. If it does not conform to this size, we regret it may not be possible to mount your poster.
- Each poster should have a heading including title, authors, institution, etc.
- Posters can be mounted between 1230 - 1400 hrs on 3rd February 2018. Please do not affix posters to any place other than the board to which it has been allocated by the moderator.
- Presenting authors are required to reach the venue at 0800 hrs, to present their poster during the poster reception, 0900 - 1100 hrs. on Sunday, 4th February 2018
- Presenters must furnish their own tacks or stick pins (no Velcro).
- Posters should be removed by 1600 hrs on 4th February 2018. Posters not removed by this time will be removed from the boards and may be destroyed.
- Judges panel will visit the posters for presentation. Presenters will be given 5 minutes for their presentation which would be followed by question answers session for judge’s panel as well as the audience following the panel. Presenter needs to remain standing at their station even after the judges’ panel move forward in order for having any discussion with the audience. All participants are invited to join in. The moderator will introduce each presenter and keep the session on time. For discussion or individual viewing any time can be used before or after the session. No audio-visual aids, other than the poster, will be available.
- In addition to the formal poster presentation session, presenters are encouraged to be available by their poster at some time during lunch and/or coffee breaks. It is helpful to fix a note to your poster board indicating when you will be available if anyone wishes to meet you outside the scheduled session. A handout with the key messages of your poster and your contact details is helpful, and you are encouraged to bring some with you.